When your organization initially registers with a Transcepta supplier account, you may be asked to submit a sample invoice or samples of other related documents such as Purchase Order Acknowledgements, Advance Ship Notices, etc. Sample documents can be pulled from existing, archived transactions in your accounting system.
Please note, sample documents are only required for suppliers who are not using the Transcepta Supplier Portal as their main document submission method.
Samples will be sent through the same submission means that were chosen during your registration process. For example, if you chose email as your preferred method, you will submit your sample through the email process as described in this article. The following video shows the steps for submitting a sample through email.
- Documents must be an appropriate file format.
- PDF, TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, CSV, EDI, XML, cXML
- Documents cannot be a scanned image.
- All text on the document must be computer-readable (not via OCR)
- If you have more than one invoice format, submit a sample of each.
- Your sample invoice(s) should be identical to what you would send to your customer.
- The sender email must be listed as a registered user on the Transcepta supplier account. For example, if the only user on the account is email@example.com (John Doe), any files sent from other email addresses will be rejected.
- The total file size of the email cannot exceed 10MB.
When sending your sample documents, the "To" address should follow one of these formats:
Note: If you are emailing your invoices directly from QuickBooks, please delete the subject of the email, and report only your authorized user email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) as the subject of the message. With this, our system will be able to route the email from QuickBooks directly to your Transcepta account for processing.
For more information on submission requirements, check this link.
Shortly after submission, you will receive a notification that your sample has been received. If you do not receive a receipt notification within two hours, please contact our support team for assistance. Upon receipt, our Rule Development Team will work to map your invoice format(s), allowing our system to process your documents properly.
After your format(s) has been successfully mapped and tested, your account will “go live”. At this time, you should receive a “Connection Complete” notice from our system indicating that the account is available for regular document processing. From this point forward, any invoice matching your sample format(s) that is submitted to Transcepta via email will be automatically processed, validated, and delivered to your customer.